My TV continues to spend a record amount of time being shut off (except for half a viewing of Never Been Kissed and one night of Jay Leno, we're at almost 3 weeks now), and I think it's going to stay that way until Premiere Week. I'm actually glad for the time off; I need the time to learn how to work school around my life, rather than the other way around. It will happen eventually, but it takes a while. In the meantime, I have a new pairing meme to play with.
Name the first 5 OTPs that come to mind:
1. When did you first fall in love with ship number 1?
I liked them as soon as Rowling spelled it out for me. But I didn't really fall in love with them until I started reading the Transfigured Hearts series.
2. When did you fall in love with ship number 5?
First, you must understand that my X-Files viewing was very casual and haphazard before it became my first fandom. So I liked the cute moments when I saw random reruns like "Detour" and "The Unnatural," and always hoped there would be more...but it was October 29th, 2000 that I first saw "Requiem," and between the woods collapse/hotel spooning/pregnancy, I fell head over heels for the ship.
3. What is your favorite moment of ship number 3?
It's a dead tie between the final scene in "Silent Night" and the one in "Snow Day."
4. What will the ship be if you take the boy from ship 2 and the girl from ship 1 and mesh them? If one or both of the ships are slash, then pick and choose.
Horatio/Tonks, which does not work in any context except THE GHETTO OF CRACKVILLE.
5. Vise versa.
Remus/Marisol. SEE ABOVE.
6. What's your favorite moment for ship 4?
Was it in Leapin' Lizards? The one with the bedroom and dog and the discovery of the love letter. Best scene ever, although I'm not averse to the one in "Nesting Dolls."
7. How long was there between the time you got into the fandom and the time you started shipping ship number 3?
They were pretty much simultaneous - in fact, one might even say that shipping the pair was what got me hooked on the show, and hence into the fandom. Okay, technically Danny/Lindsay took me into the fandom, but only because Mac/Peyton had piqued my interest with their kiss the week before. And I suppose I didn't actually actively root for them until Peyton's third appearance (and second kiss) about six weeks later, but I like to pretend I was on it from the get-go.
8. When did you start shipping ship number 4?
May 2005 - about two weeks into my newfound CSI obsession, I saw a rerun of "Play With Fire" and it was HOLY HELL I <3 THIS COUPLE. It was probably helped along by the all the GSR sites I was coming across, though. And I find it especially ironic that I have a (paper) journal entry circa 2003 in which I wrote "Sara's creepy attraction to Grissom needs to stop NOW. It's very unsettling." Talk about a 180.
9. Take three random people from three of the ships and create an OT3?
I don't think I can. It's not even a matter of squick right now, it's that I can't come up with a combination of three people who'd all match up with one another equally.
10. Rank your OTPs in order.
At the moment?
1. Remus/Tonks (*is off to read fanfic*)
2. Grissom/Sara (dear season 8 premiere: I am actually starting to look forward to you now, finally)
3. Mac/Peyton (*is off to cue up tapes, realize she doesn't have any, curse, and then remember with delight that this exactly why she started novelizing scenes*)
4. Mulder/Scully (They are and always will be the #1 OTP of All Time)
5. Horatio/Marisol (I am beginning to think I will actually never tire of looking at them in my default icon, but it's been so long since I watched any of their scenes that I've almost forgotten what I love about them. However, I am sure that one viewing will bring it all rushing back)
[Edit: Ooh, look what else I found on my computer! A character survey! Now, limiting myself to no more than 2 characters per fandom...]
1. Remus Lupin (HP)
2. Sayid Jarrah (Lost)
3. Summer Roberts (O.C.)
4. Ziva David (NCIS)
5. Calleigh DuQuesne (CSI: Miami)
6. Nymphadora Tonks (HP)
7. Derek Shepherd (Grey's Anatomy)
8. Seth Cohen (O.C.)
9. Greg Sanders (CSI)
10. Jennifer Angell (CSI: NY)
11. Jack Hodgins (Bones)
12. Matt Flannery (Standoff)
Tonks or Hodgins - oh, Hodgins, definitely. He would revel in being surrounded by geekery and academia in pretty much any science class you can think of. Tonks would be vastly popular with her students, though I have no idea what she'd teach, but would get bored being stuck in a classroom all day.
02. Do you think 4 is hot? How hot?
Ziva is quite possibly the hottest woman on TV right now.
03. 12 sends 8 on a mission. What is it, and does it succeed?
Matt would be "kid, get your ass on the phone and help me talk your insane girlfriend out of the hostage situation she's taking. Otters do NOT need saving like this!" And I think it probably would work, because Summer always listens to Seth eventually...right up until the part where Seth realized he didn't want to see her get arrested, and tried to help her with a crazy last-minute escape plan...which would ultimately just land them both in jail.
04. What is or would be 9's favorite book?
Greg Sanders - clearly something on the history of Vegas, possibly that one autographed by whoever Faye Dunaway was playing.
05. Would it make more sense for 2 to swear fealty to 6, or the other way around?
Sayid would take one look at her Metamorphmagus skills and go "ZOMG EVIL ISLAND CRAZY, MUST KILL NOW." It would probably go better if Tonks agreed to help him fight his cause.
06. For some reason, 5 is looking for a roommate. Should s/he share a studio apartment with 9 or with 10?
Calleigh would go with Jennifer Angell, of course. Female detectives kick ass. Greg, on the other hand, is a horndog, and the restraint he shows around Sara would fly right out the window if he took one look at Calleigh.
07. 2, 7 and 12 have dinner together. Where do they go, and what do they discuss?
Sayid, Derek and Matt are at dinner...wow. I have no idea where an ex-Iraqi soldier, a neurologist, and a hostage negotiator would go. Though they could probably have a great time talking about women who drive them crazy.
08. 3 challenges 10 to a duel. What happens?
Summer challenges Angell. It's a WAR OF THE FASHION ACCESSORIES!
09. If 1 stole 8's most precious possession, how would (s)he get it back?
If Lupin stole Seth's comic books, he probably had a damn good reason. And Seth's recover mission would FAIL HORRIBLY, as his missions always do.
10. Suggest a title for a story in which 7 and 12 both attain what they most desire.
Derek and Matt - "Driven Wild by the Minx." You totally want to read that story, come on.
11. What kind of plot device would you use if you wanted 4 and 1 to work together?
Ziva and Remus - no, that just doesn't work in any context. Unless Ziva's secretly a witch...you know, I think I might go with that one. She's probably an honorary Order member.
12. If 7 visited you for the weekend, how would you get along?
Ahhh, McDreamy...I think coherent thought would be mighty difficult on my end.
13. If you could command 3 to perform any one task or service for you, what would it be?
I bet Summer Roberts has some good makeover ideas. I'd let her lead me on a shopping trip.
14. Does anyone on your friends list write or draw 11?
Hodgins...not that I'm aware of.
15. If 2 had to choose sides between 4 and 5, which would it be?
Sayid - Ziva or Calleigh? OH MAN. He would be horribly torn. He'd want to go with Ziva, stranger in a strange land, and also to prove his triumph over Muslim/Jew animosity. But then he'd be all "Guh...weakness for blondes..."
16. What might 10 shout while charging into battle?
"Angell got her wings! And a HANDGUN OF DEATH."
17. If you chose a song to represent 8, which song would you choose?
Seth - something by Deathcab for Cutie, of course. I don't know any of their songs, though.
18. 1, 6, and 12 are having dim sum at a Chinese restaurant. There is only one scallion pancake left, and they all reach for it at the same time. Who gets to eat it?
Lupi/Tonks/Matt. Matt is clearly the guest here, so he grabs it.
19. What might be a good pick-up line for 2 to use on 10?
I honestly have no idea what Sayid would say to Angell.
20. What would 5 most likely be arrested for? Harrassment, murder, arson, identity theft?
Stetler is likely to arrest her on a technicality, just so he can say that he's had to investigate every last member of Horatio's team. I like to imagine this is an obsession that keeps him awake at night, actually.
21. What is 6's secret?
Tonks secret is...she never really lost her morphing powers. It was just a long and arduous attempt to guilt-trip Remus into coming back to her.
22. If 11 and 9 were racing to a destination, who would get there first?
Hodgins would kick Greg's ass, owing to his unlimited amounts of cash with which to take the best transportation, and also to bribe people to sabotage Greg. And if he was too upstanding to bribe people, Angela would do it for him, behind his back.
23. Worse accent?
What?? I NEED A NUMBER
24. 1 [Remus] and 9 [Greg] reluctantly team up to save the world from the threat posed by 4 [Ziva]'s sinister secret organization. [Hodgins] volunteers to help them, but it is later discovered that he
"Magic vs. Mossad"
25. If you had to walk home through a bad neighbourhood late at night, would you feel safer in the company of 7 or 8?
Uh, seeing as Seth is a skinny little neighbor boy, I'm going with big, strong McDreamy.
That was fun.