Also me: what if I typed this?
Standard formatting rules to portray my original ratings: Bold = 4.5 to 5 stars, italics = 3.5 to 4 stars, plain text = 2 to 3 stars, which I realize is a gulf but oh well, and strikethrough = 1 star. NF = nonfiction. Links go to Goodreads.
1. Build Me an Ark: A Life With Animals [NF] - Brenda Peterson. 2001.
2. The Hidden Life of Dogs [NF] - Elizabeth Thomas. 1993.
3. I Am Rosemarie - Mariettia Moskin. 1992.
4. Beloved - Toni Morrison. 1987.
5. Wheel of the Moon - Sandra Forrester. 2000.
6. The Other Ones - Jean Thesman. 1999.
7. Broken Chords - Barbara Snow Gilbert. 1998.
8. Hamlet - Shakespeare.
9. Othello - Shakespeare. [for shame, past me!! 2.5?? but I think of it as fondly as Hamlet now!!]
10. All Creatures Great and Small - James Herriot. 1972.
11. All Things Bright and Beautiful - James Herriot. 1974.
12. Black Mirror - Nancy Werlin. 2001.
13. Spinners - Donna Jo Napoli. 1999.
14. Hatter Fox - Marilyn Harris. 1973.
15. All Things Wise and Wonderful - James Herriot. 1976.
16. Sylvester - A.C. Crispin. 1985.
17. The Canine Connection - Betsy Hearne. 2003.
18. Janey's Girl - Gayle Friesen. 1998.
19. Orfe - Cynthia Voight. 1992.
20. Jackie's Wild Seattle - Will Hobbs. 2003.
21. Dear America: Where Have All the Flowers Gone? (1968) - Ellen E. White. 2002. [OI!! Like Ellen Emerson White? Neat!]
22. Girls From Many Lands: Minuk: Ashes in the Pathway - Kirkpatrick Hill. 2000.
23. Crime and Punishment - Dostoyevsky. [lmao past me, four stars how?? Stockholm syndrome?? this was very much an Assigned book]
[other things I was doing in December: college applications, starting the next book on this list, diving headfirst into Lord of the Rings movie fandom and reading copious amounts of Arwen, Aragorn, and/or Legolas fanfic]
24. Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte. 1847. [cannot believe this was only 3 stars to me I LOVE IT NOW]
25. Born of the Sun - Gillian Cross. 1983.
26. Their Eyes Were Watching God - Zora Neale Hurston. 1937. [2 stars all the way, as it is to this day]
27. Royal Diaries: Mary, Queen of Scots - Kathryn Lasky. 2002.
28. Young Royals: Beware, Princess Elizabeth - Carolyn Meyer. 2001.
29. Navaho Sister - Evelyn Lampman. 1956.
30. Kissing Doorknobs - Terry Spencer Hesser. 1998.
31. Golden Dream: A Fuzzy Odyssey - Ardath Mayhard. 1982.
32. Why Have the Birds Stopped Singing? - Zoa Sherburne. 1974.
33. Cicus in the Woods - Bill Littlefield. 2001.
34. Le Petit Prince - St. Exupery. 1943. [NO THIS SHOULD NOT HAVE COUNTED, but I counted it because I read it in French and that was harder.]
35. The Sight - David Clement-Davies. 2002.
36. Wicked - Gregory McGuire. 1995.
37. Run Wild, Run Free - David Rook. 1967.
38. Golden Dog - Mary Elwyn Patchett. 1953.
39. The Bear - James Oliver Curwood. 1916.
40. Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister - Gregory McGuire. 1999.
41. Cougar Woman - Jane E. Hartman. 1983.
42. Flowers of Anger - Lynn Hall. 1976. (can't believe I forgot I read this!)
(These combined were like, 250 pages, lol. I WAS BUSY. Mostly with infinite journaling and last-minute/last-chance social engagements and senior class activities.)
43. Horsemen of the Plains - Joseph Altsheler. 1910.
44. The Storyteller's Daughter: A Retelling of the Arabian Nights - Cameron Dokey. 2002.
45. A Northern Light - Jennfer Donnelly. 2003.
46. Daphne's Book - Mary Downing Hahn. 1983.
47. Dr. Franklin's Island - Ann Halam. 2002.
48. On My Own - Melody Carlson. 2002.
49. Chicken Soup for the Cat and Dog Lover's Soul. 1999.
50. Lady (My Life as a Bitch) - Melvin Burgess. 2001.
51. Golden Girl (And Other Stories) - Gillian Chan. 1994.
52. Catalyst - Laurie Halse Anderson. 2001.
53. Jeannie, A Texas Frontier Girl - Evelyn Haran. 2001. [something is wonky w/ how this book -- apparently there are four w/ the same cover and title, subtitled books 1-4? -- is entered on Goodreads but I assume I read the first one, even though it seems like the GR librarian somehow combined books 1 and 3 into one entry with a duplicate entry and no cover or summary for book 1]
54. A Girl of the Limberlost - Gene Stratton Porter.
55. Freckles - Gene Stratton Porter.
56. Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte. 1847.
57. The House of Thirty Cats - Mary Calhoun. 1965.
58. The Alfred G. Graebner Memorial High School Handbook of Rules and Regulations - Ellen Conford. 1976.
59. Rodzina - Karen Cushman. 2003.
60. The Lump in the Middle - C.S. Adler. 1989.
61. Serafin - Sophie Masson. 1993.
62. Switching Well - Peni R. Griffin. 1993.
63. The River's Gift - Mercedes Lackey. 1999. [but...why did I love this??]
64. The White People - Frances Hodgson Burnett. 1917.
65. Horse Thief - Robert Newton Peck. 2002.
66. Memories of Summer - Ruth White. 20000.
67. Waiting for June - Joyce Sweeney. 2003.
68. Maverick Cats [NF] - Ellen Perry Berkeley. 1982.
69. The Pig Who Sang to the Moon [NF] - Jeffrey Moussaieff Masson. 2003.
70. Sirens and Spies - Janet Lisle. 1985.
71. Just Jane - William Lavender. 2002.
72. The Mists of Avalon - Marion Zimmer Bradley. 1982.
73. Outwitting Clutter [NF] - Bill Adler Jr. 2002.
74. Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen - Dyan Sheldon. 1999.
75. Places I Never Meant to Be: Original Stories by Censored Writers. 1999.
76. Leave Well Enough Alone - Rosemary Wells. 1977.
77. The Wessex Papers: Trust Falls - Daniel Parker. 2002.
78. No Missing Parts: and other stories about real princesses - Anne Laurel Carter. 2002.
79. Jayhawker - Patricia Beatty. 1991.
80. Miranda and the Warrior - Elaine Barberi. 2002.
81. The Door in the Hedge - Robin McKinley. 1981.
82. Outlaws of Sherwood - Robin McKinley. 1988.
83. Snow: A Retelling of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs - Tracy Lynn. 2003.
84. Phoenix Rising - Cynthia D. Grant. 1989.
(This is still the recordholder for one month, in terms of page count, and a close second for total books read. DO U SEE THE MARION ZIMMER BRADLEY IN THERE?? AND Wuthering Heights?? Freckles is not small either. I had less than two months left to read 46 books or fail my challenge, because per my challenge rules it had to be done before I officially started my first year of college [August 22], and I still made The Choices I Did in terms of titles.)
85. Silas Marner - George Eliot. 1861.
86. Fresh Girl - Jaira Placide. 2002.
87. Search of the Moon King's Daughter - Linda Holeman. 2002.
88. Stone Goddess - Minfang Ho. 2002.
89. A Time Apart - Diane Stanley. 1999.
90. The Crying Rocks - Janet Taylor Lisle. 2003.
91. The Wessex Papers: Fallout - Daniel Parker. 2002.
92. The Wessex Papers: Outsmart - Daniel Parker. 2002.
93. A Child Called "It" [NF] - Dave Pelzer. 1995.
94. The Literary Horse [stories] - ed. Lilly Golden. 1995.
95. 1984 - George Orwell. 1948.
96. Girl in the Box - Ouida Sebestyn. 1988.
97. Gathering Blue - Lois Lowry. 2000.
98. Brave New World - Aldous Huxley. 1932. [I'M SCREAMING I apparently read this and 1984, plus the 2 in between, on the same day! For funsies!! on a day that was also my mom's birthday. after also reading 4 books the previous day. THAT'S HOW MUCH FREE TIME I HAD.]
99. Chinese Cinderella: The True Story of an Unwanted Daughter [NF] - Adeline Yen Mah. 1999.
100. Alexandra - Scott O'Dell. 1984.
101. Winter - John Marsden. 2000.
102. Spanish Fairy Tales - translated by John Marks. 1958.
103. A Streetcar Named Desire - Tennessee Williams. 1947.
104. Amy - Mary Hooper. 2002.
105. At the Sign of the Sugared Plum - Mary Hooper. 2003.
106. Behind the Lines - Isabelle Holland. 1994.
Hey look, Ma, I made it!