Under the Dome was AMAZING and I want to screech for hours, but I have an 11 AM deadline for work and the only way to meet that is to stay up all night. Which means I have hours yet. So instead of working, I started reading old posts and marveling at my own brilliance.
I'd like to say I'm kidding, but I really have written some wonderful fanfiction. It's been so long since I actually *tried* that I forgot I once had a natural affinity for word art. So then I thought......maybe I could do it again? By filling out the same fanfic-prompt meme? This one, specifically:
List 10 different fictional characters from any fandom/s you like, and don't peek at the questions until you're done.
1. Julia Shumway (Under the Dome)
2. Kensi Blye (NCIS: LA)
3. Mindy Lahiri (The Mindy Project)
4. Spencer Reid (Criminal Minds)
5. Jackson Oz (Zoo)
6. Mitch Morgan (Zoo)
7. Dale "Barbie" Barbra (Under the Dome)
8. Marley Rose (Glee)
9. Lux (Life Unexpected)
10. Marty Deeks (NCIS: LA)
spoiler alert: there will be absolutely no word art happening in this post and hardly even any genuine humor/funny commentary. I'm so out of practice it's gross.
1. Four invites eight to dinner at their house. What happens?
[Spencer Reid & Marley Rose]
Awkwardness, with him being an adult man and her being an underage teenage girl. I don't like this meme so far.
2. Nine tries to get Five to go to a strip club. What happens?
Nine = Lux, so Jackson's like, "Um, you're barely 18 and this is gross. No offense, but people might confuse you with the strippers."
3. You need to stay at a friend’s house for a night. Who do you pick, one or six?
(Mitch or Julia)
4. Two and Seven are making out. Ten walks in. What is their reaction?
[Kensi/Barbie, interrupted by Deeks]
OH NO I GAVE MYSELF A SAD.
5. Three falls in love with six. Eight is jealous. What happens?
(Mindy Lahiri falls in love with Mitch Morgan; Marley is jealous)
Interesting! Marley, can we talk about your absent-father issues and your apparent transference onto age-inappropriate men?
6. Four jumps you in a dark alleyway. Who comes to your rescue, Two, Seven or Ten?
I have so many questions about why Reid would jump me in a dark alley except at my bequest ANYWAY, if it was the nefarious kind of assault, then Kensi/Barbie/Deeks is pretty much the beatdown dream team who should have no problem subduing one gangly and clumsy pacifist.
7. One decides to start a cooking show. Fifteen minutes in, what’s happened?
Julia Shumway has a flawless and beautiful meal on the table, that's what.
8. Three has to marry Eight, Four or Nine. Who do they chose?
Mindy marries Reid because...I don't know; I'm too tired to come up with a jaunty reason for why even though she's totally cool with bisexuality and stuff, she personally couldn't do it with a woman for the rest of her life.
9. Seven kidnaps Two and demands something from Five for Two’s release. What is it?
(Barbie kidnaps Kensi and demands something from Jackson? Clearly THE MOTHER CELL.)
10. Everyone gangs up on Three. Does Three have a snowball’s chance in hell?
Mindy? Only if the gang is mean girls. She could totally obliterate them. An actual fight? Oh, no. God no.
11. Everyone is invited to Two and Ten’s wedding except for Eight. How do they react?
Awwww, look, even the fic meme wants Kensi & Deeks to get married! Also, Marley is very sad. She loves weddings.
12. Why is Six afraid of Seven?
MITCH MORGAN FEARS NO PUNKS. (Except that Barbie is holding a gun to his head.)
13. One arrives late for Two and Ten’s wedding. What happens, and why were they late?
Julia clearly got distracted by her own hot-ass husband in a sexy way.
14. Five and Nine get roaring drunk and wind up at your place. What happens?
(Jackson and Lux)
No, they're both really really pretty and because it's my fic meme I say Lux would want to jump him as much as I do so unless we unbecomingly fight over him, I'm gonna stick with threesome. Lux is 18 in this scenario, to be clear.
15. Nine murders Two’s best friend. What does Two do to get back at them?
Kensi arrests the little psycho teen and gets the book thrown at her.
16. Six and One are in mortal danger, and only one of them can survive. Does Six save themselves or One?
Oh, Mitch is all about that self-sacrifice. Especially for a woman (Julia, in this case).
17. Five is in a car crash and is critically injured. What does Three do?
Mindy uses her awesome doctor skillz and saves his life.
OK, that kinda sucked, but that's not gonna stop me from doing
1. Would 4 make a good mom/dad?
Reid? I don't know. In theory, yes.
2. If 2 and 6 are marooned on an island together, do they kiss or kill one another?
Kensi and Mitch? First they try to kill each other, by which I mean Mitch will just argue/sulk at alternate times while Kensi genuinely considers her viable options for murdering him several times a day. But after a while, they will probably kiss.
3. Describe 5 and 1's first kiss.
Jackson/Julia -- awwww yeah. That's why I do this meme. What an excellent face pairing and BTW now I need that to happen at some point in some future movie or TV show. They're both CBS darlings now!! It could happen!!!
Sorry, what was the question?
4. How does 8 convince 7 to go with him/her on a date?
Marley coming on to Barbie...I think this would end up being a student/teacher AU. But she'd have to wait until graduation because she's not nearly sultry enough to pull this off illegally.
5. 10 is moving in with 9. What do they fight about the most?
I cannot under any circumstances visualize Deeks moving in with Lux. Um, I guess he'd get annoyed at her messiness? She'd get annoyed with him in much the same way he annoys Callen just by existing?
6. 2 and 7 are together. Who is more protective of the other?
Pfft. They trip over themselves protecting each other. Also, holy crap YES @ this pairing in my head for romance novel purposes.
7. Who is first going to say "I love you", 1 or 9?
Lux is young. Her head is fully of starry notions. Also Britt Robertson/Rachelle LeFevre could be an extremely pretty face pairing in a movie one day...
8. What would 8 like to change about 10? Does 10 approve?
My brain is too tired to picture Marley and Deeks interacting right now.
9. Who suffers from pre-wedding jitters, 5 or 8? How does bridesmaid/best man 10 soothe them?
Jackson probably gets a little jittery, an opinion I am going with mainly because I like the mental image of Deeks being his best man.
10. Your team is 3, 6 and 10. The mission consists of a social challenge, a mental challenge and a physical challenge. Which team member do you assign to each challenge?
Oh, this works out perfectly. Mindy gets the social challenge because "that's basically a job description of my life." Mitch gets the mental challenge because, I mean, vet school and med school + everything he's coming up with on the fly now? And Deeks gets the physical, of course, because he has like 6% body fat and is otherwise made of lean muscle.
11. 4 becomes 1's boss for a week in some plausible fashion. How's their working relationship?
It's one of immense mutual respect. Julia is very impressed with Reid's brain and he is a great fan of strong women.
12. 2 finds him/her/itself inserted into 6's continuity. As far as anyone other than 2 or 6 is concerned, they've always been there. What role would 2 be presumed to have had in 6's story, and could they fit in without going wonky?
Kensi, appearing in the Zooverse, is basically there to be Chloe's back-up/team bodyguard.
13. 3 and 8 are challenged to circumnavigate the Earth in eighty days or less, using only forms of transportation invented before 1900. Can they do it, or will they be fatally distracted by side quests or their own personality conflicts?
This is going to be the biggest and most hilarious disaster ever because Marley will be aghast that the adult with her seems totally clueless and Mindy will be like "STOP JUDGING ME, AND I'M LIKE BARELY OLDER THAN YOU ANYWAY."
14. 9 and 5 get three wishes. The catch is that they have to agree on all three wishes before they get the benefits of any of them. What three wishes would they make?
Jackson and Lux, um...lord, I don't know. Who thought it was a good idea to put teenagers in with all these adults. RS, you're the worst.
15. 1 and 2 are brainwashed by a one-time artifact that works even on people immune to mind control to attack and kill 4. They keep their normal personality, skills and competence level, except any code vs. killing has been turned off. Can 4 survive? How?
Kensi and Julia are pretty much murder machines on the best of days when driven by necessity, so Spencer is going to have to be extremely smart to outwit them -- but I have faith he can do it.
This new headspace where I imagine Julia Shumway crossing paths with NCIS: LA. is now my favorite daydream playground. I never would have made this conclusion on my own, but Julia and Kensi are basically twins and they would be amazing beside each other. Thank you, meme!
My second favorite headspace is imagining Jackson as Lux's older half brother, and all the assorted teasing/protectiveness that comes with it. Or maybe Marley Rose's brother. I'm not fussy. I just feel like he really needs to big-brother the crap out of every girl under 25 I like because Jamie is a good start but IT'S NOT ENOUGH.