Please note I had to work so, so hard to restrict this to only "silly" pet peeves. I kept getting myself Way 2 Worked Up on real annoyances.
- The fact that everyone started playing Animal Crossing instead of flooding back to Neopets, the obviously superior choice
- Using an asterisk in a non-offensive word to keep it out of search results/limit the post's visibility (extra silly given how much I love the use of asterisks in offensive words)
- The collectible/resale value of my favorite childhood toys (it's too high. this is the only instance in which I DON'T want you to like the things I like; do me a solid so I can scoop them up)
- Books I disliked having an average rating above 4.0 on Goodreads
- The fact that windows on TV are always access points and never have screens. Where do people with otherwise-functional glass windows live where you just freely let insects in the house whenever you want a cross breeze.
- Loyalty programs that send emails promising "EXCITING CHANGES!" to my membership, when they clearly mean "effectively reducing your benefits to improve our profit margins, kthnxbai."
There, I think that's a good list. How did I do on nailing the "silly" part? Any you agree with? Honestly, the more people that do NOT share these views, the better I am doing, so this is a win/win situation for me.
Note: anonymous comments and/or those with URLs are screened and will be unscreened at my earliest opportunity.