From thefridayfive: questions about fairs! Which I am beginning to realize I am going to miss horribly this year.
1. When was the last time you went to a state or county fair?
Went to both the MN State and Washington County fair last summer.
2. Did you try your hand at the midway games?
3. Which of the rides were your favorite, either now or as a kid?
I haven't been on a ride since I was 18 (it's short story involving lack of in-person friends who are willing + probably-but-what-if-not irrational fear about my size), but I liked anything that went up high and dropped down, or that spun me in circles, as long as I didn't go upside down or totally sideways. So: certain roller coasters, the Scrambler, the high drop, the flying swings, the Tilt-A-Whirl, and Ferris Wheel. Was also always a fan of the carousel, because horses, of courses.
4. Did you ever enter anything into the exhibits? How did you do?
5. What is your best memory that you take from a fair?
I have too many good memories to count. Any time I got to pet an animal was my favorite day. Every Washington Co. Fair is my favorite because I get to pet scads of animals -- and not even just in the barns, although the sociable goats there are plentiful; there is an actual petting zoo -- and there is a used book sale booth run by Friends of the Library. Literally my two favorite things in the world in one place.