This post was inspired by Buzzfeed's new quiz “how many Will Ferrell movies have you seen [out of 58]?”, which I cannot bring myself to take because I know the answer is more than 1 and that is already too many. However, it made me very curious which person I HAVE seen in the greatest number of movies. Am I faithful to my faves? Or do randos who are just constantly doing movies turn up more often than I realize? Time to find out.
AND THE WINNER IS...
18: Johnny Depp (…huh. I did not see this one coming, despite his great # of franchise films and the mid-2000s bender I went on to watch his older stuff)
Beyond that --
17: Robin Williams (much better!)
14: Billy Burke (5 start with "Twilight" but the rest were definitely the result of a target search)
14: Helena Bonham Carter (5 that did not involve Harry Potter or Depp. I actually almost forgot to even check her page, but then as I was editing the draft I went, wait a minute, where Depp and Burton go, Bonham Carter is never far behind...)
13: Julia Roberts
13: Paul Walker
12: Brendan Fraser
12: Maggie Smith (mostly HP but who’s counting) (o wait I am)
Tied at 11:
* Elizabeth Banks (even without The Hunger Games)
* Kirsten Dunst (she was my “STOP BEING IN STUFF I LIKE” nemesis for years until worse people took that title, and now I am very sorry)
* Anna Kendrick
* Emma Watson
Runner-Ups @ 10 Apiece:
Mike Vogel (as soon as I finish this movie I'm half-done with, anyway)
- holy cow there are SO MANY FAVORITE PEOPLE I have not seen in a new movie since like, 2012, and roughly 300 movies on my TBW now
- I love that Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Nicolas Cage, and a lot of other super prolific men were not even close to making this list. I know what I like, and it’s not that!
- Never watching a single Marvel movie really cuts down on everyone’s potential numbers, as does having missed the majority of the classics, modern and otherwise
- This list is white as hell, yikes.
And then, while I was researching the above list, I tripped over STUNNING NEWS and long story short, GOOD AFTER BAD/MORE THAN ENOUGH IS FINALLY OUT ON DVD as of about 2 months ago. I deliberated for about fifteen minutes to make sure it was real, because it was weird I couldn't find it on Amazon, but Wal-Mart had it on their site so after five minutes more I ordered a copy from one of their cheaper partners for a little under $12 w/ taxes and shipping, and it will be here by July 28th. Finally, something good happens in 2020...after all the bad (see what I did there).
Oh my gosh I am so pumped. True, 'tis a pity that Billy Burke is one of the few who has not yet cycled back to the forefront of the Handsome Men's Club for a fannish spotlight revival, so this maybe will not hit with as much magic as it would have in 2017. But I like to think that if I bust out my Revolution and/or Zoo DVDs -- convenient that I have them all -- it won't take me long to get that feeling back. He has always been a superb actor, voice and face-wise, and this particular dynamic is one that really never fails to please me anyway.
I still can't believe it. Five years' wait, four years post-filming...but it finally happened. It's really here. I'm gonna see it with my own eyes.