Anyway, in my panic I've been...cleaning more. All my energy is going into cleaning. Now I have managed the following:
- Wiped down the desk
- Washed the plastic desk protector and runners I keep on it
- Cleaned out the inside of my computer case and keyboard for the first time in like...4 years. (OMG SO DUSTY/GROSS, respectively.)
- Cleared out everything stuffed into the space under my desk and vacuumed that area out
- Also vacuumed (most of) the space between the desk and the wall
- Cleaned out and vacuumed the center desk drawer (the others aren't great but I did them more recently so skipping that for now)
- Put the computer back together and hooked it up again
Things I Let Go:
My tall black boots because I haven't worn them in 3 years and I'm even less inclined to do so after they've been in the dusty spider area for a year, even after vacuuming the outside. They're too deep for me to be sure!
My beloved Magic 8-Ball from middle school (but ONLY because the liquid has started to evaporate so much that it barely covers the die inside, and it usually bobs in such a way that only the corner shows instead of an answer)
A flat shipping box stuffed with all manner of free animal-related paper ephemera I picked up at the State Fair circa 1998-2003. Humane Society (pro-adoption and anti-cruelty/fur) brochures and newsletters, ads for horse breeders and boarding kennels, fencing suppliers, etc. It was all very important to me back in the day, as it helped expand my knowledge for the sim club, and I cherished it for a long time but now I don't need it anymore, even for Cool Historical Record purposes. That's a good feeling. I kept only a few of my favorite reps. Bonus: I found my 1999 Breyer catalog! I had one in my eBay cart all summer because I wanted it so bad, and I didn't even know I'd kept this one.
On the side I seem to be in a little bit of a Glee and/or Darren Criss spiral so let's keep an eye on that.