1. OK, I normally won't go through the trouble of posting pics even when all I have to do is find the embed code, but...this made me laugh hysterically. At multiple points throughout the day, as I forlornly checked my extremely slow friends page a hundred times. (Homework? What's that?)
2. Watched "Time Crash." Am LOLing all over the place.Now, beyond knowing *who* Five is, I clearly have no knowledge of Classic Who whatsoever, and therefore cannot fully appreciate the magnitude of this clip or its particular inside references. But that doesn't stop me from being completely enthralled anyway. I had this huge grin on my face the whole time, except when I broke down in giggles (often), and had to pause several times just to let off excess glee.
In short, this is SEVEN MINUTES OF PURE, UNADULTERATED AWESOME, which is mostly due to the way Ten is brimming over with hyper joy. He's just SO DELIGHTED by all of this. Full-out Happy Puppy Mode - I wouldn't be surprised if he started wiggling at some point...I don't think he's been this amped up since the regeneration. Fine, Moffat, you get another point in your favor. *narrows eyes* Don't get used to it.
I've watched it like 7 times by this point, and even had to mock up a running commentary during one of them because there were so many little bits I loved and couldn't summarize in a mere one or two paragraphs.
-*giggle-snickers* "No, no, no, stop that! Stop it!" I love when yells at/scolds the TARDIS like she's a fussy horse or something. Am finding wells of new appreciation for their relationship; it's rather adorable.
-Honestly, I think RTD and Steven Moffat are in competition to see who include more utterances of 'What?' in their respective scripts.
-"Look at you! The hair, the coat, the crickity-cricket stuff, the...stick of celery, yeah..."
-"OH, now they come, the brainy specs! You don't even need them; you just think they make you look a bit clever!"
*tackle-hugs the Doctor* (the attractive one, that is) SO CUTE.
-*falls out of chair laughing* LOVE the offering (and rejection) of the sonic screwdriver!
"Oh no, of course, you mostly went hands free, didn't you! It was like 'Hey, I'm the Doctor, I can save the universe using a kettle and some string! And look at me, I'm wearing a vegetable.'"
-His indignant outrage at being called a fan! (despite that not being entirely inaccurate)
-The failed high five!
-"No, no beard this time. Well, a wife."
Oh, OH! Macro quote explained!! And I didn't even know that one needed explaining! I LOVE WHEN THAT HAPPENS.
-ALSO, "Clockwork TARDIS" is playing in the background at one point, specifically the little trilling section that is the entire reason I love that song. WIN.
-Sadly, the line "You were my doctor," which I was hoping would make sense in context, still sounds completely weird and clunky and misplaced-meta-y, but...the rest of what he says is fantastic. *squishes Ten*
-Still have disinterest-bordering-on-disdain for Five. Sorry.
3. Started "Voyage of the Damned" 4 days ago. Still not finished. More explanation later.
4. Whilst not watching VotD, I've been poking through the section of my Doctor Who bookmarks labeled 'NE TOUCHEZ PAS (S.3)", a whole lot of of links I'd almost forgotten existed, but which I can finally read in full now that I've finished the season and don't have to fear spoilers for it. I rather like how this one analyzes "Rose vs. Martha."
Yay, now I can delete one of my 19 million saved bookmarks!
5. ...probably I should save this for the next post, but whatever, you know how I feel a need to cram every entry to the max.
For another thing, it's weird not really knowing what's happening with the overall plot! I mean, I know bits and pieces, mainly from episode titles/the odd summary, or the general mood on LJ - and a fair bit from the first ep, since I hadn't denied myself access to ihasatardis yet - but as a result of Self-Imposed Spoiler Lockdown, I can't see the overall outline of the season like I could before. I don't even know the Secret Season Password, for God's sakes! (
For a third thing, I no longer have dreamingwriter introduced me to doctorwhy some ways back, and I forgot to pay the love forward after I'd found time to go back and read every single entry. GO INVESTIGATE. IT IS HYSTERICAL. While you're at it, don't be silly like me...hold your mouse over the pictures for additional fun, as I was about six months through the archives before I realized I could and should do this.