[*5 minutes later*: NEVER MIND. HELLO THERE, SCREENSHOT. I AM CONTENT.]
Huh, that edit sort of renders this post pointless. Let me remedy that with a SURVEY!
51 questions of randomosity
1. What are three fun words you can make out of your name (first, middle, and last)?
pets, leg, kite. Shut up, I can't think of FUN words.
2. In months, how old are you?
Sometimes I will do math on surveys. Today is not one of those...oh, n/m, calculator is right here: 277
3. Write a haiku to describe your mood.
But I'm not creative at ALL tonight
4. What are you sitting on/how long have you had it?
A huge and bulky black office chair (complete with arm rests) that I've had for 8 years after my dad used it in his office for 10 or 15. IT IS LITERALLY FALLING APART, with huge rips in the seat lining that peel off every time I touch it. And it's so heavy that it's worn ruts in the carpet. Sorry, I have some irrational hatred for this chair I had to vent.
5. What is the wallpaper on your cell phone?
Green field under blue sky
6. Who is the 37th contact in your cell phone?
HAHAHA. I have one contact. Its name is "Home" and dials the cell phone belonging to my parents.
7. How many songs are in your iTunes library?
868 in WMP
8. What was the last song you added to it?
9. When was the last time you went to a cemetery?
Memorial Day 2005, volunteering to play with the always-ragtag high school band at the ceremony. I was back from college and missed my bandmates & director & the cemetery tradition a whole bunch.
10. Do you believe in spooks?
I do when it's dark and creepy
11. What was the last dream you remember having?
If I tell you that it involved Rose and 10.5 and night terrors brought on by guilt - and experiencing it all through Rose's eyes - it will reveal far too much about the intensity of my brain.
12. Do you believe it can happen?
My brain clearly does - the scenario, not the me-being-there part of it.
13. What is the last thing you made in the kitchen?
A baked potato
14. When was the last time you went out of the country?
When I was 3. Someday, I am going to strike that family vacation to Canada off the record since I can't remember anything about it except screaming in terror over black flies, but...technically it's there.
15. When was the last time you left the state you're in?
16. What is your favorite thing hanging on any wall in your house?
An old black-and-white print of "Christ in the Temple," beautifully framed, that my dad rescued from a scheduled-to-be-demolished church in the early 70's. It's a good 3 feet long and looks like it belongs in a historical home. I'm very fond of it.
17. When was the last time you thoroughly cleaned your bedroom?
18. What was the last TV show you watched?
19. What was the last movie you watched?
Shopgirl (and it was so terrible, I don't even know how I managed to pick it out of my own accord. In my defense, I wasn't super excited about it either, but...cripes)
20. What was the last thing you put in your mouth?
Diet Pepsi Vanilla
21. Do you have a favorite cup or mug?
Yep...the only one I technically own, and therefore the one that came with me to college, my Appaloosa-photo mug. One of the most versatile/durable Christmas presents ever.
22. What was the last thing you drank from it?
23. What kind of underwear do you prefer on your lover/object of affection?
24. When was the last time you took a train ride?
25. Do you enjoy decorating for the holidays?
Not so much, although the ornaments on the Christmas tree are my one specialty
26. Shoes: with or without socks?
With, unless they are sandals
27. What is your favorite object that comes in your favorite color?
Um...I dunno; a purple shirt? Purple pens are good too, though. Yeah, purple pens FTW.
28. Did you/do you want to build snowmen like Calvin and Hobbes?
Yep. I wanted to do a lot of things like Calvin and Hobbes, including having make-believe adventures in the park (nearest available woods) all day during summer. Not until I was at least 16, though. Plagued by Little Kid Nostalgia.
29. What is your favorite webcomic?
XKCD, when I remember it every couple of months
30. What is your favorite play/musical?
31. What was the last dance you went to?
The stupid one in 7th grade
32. If you could have any exotic animal, which one would you choose?
33. Who is your favorite comedian or comedienne?
34. What is your favorite board game?
ALL OF THEM. Monopoly and Scrabble would be near the top, though. And Scattergories.
35. If you had the money to take a trip to ANYWHERE outside your home country, what would your top four choices be?
Assuming, of course, that someone else is coming with me to handle scary things like money exchange and finding transportation/places to stay, because I have no interest in traveling if I have to do anything except go...Ireland, England, Scotland, Canada. Warm places are overrated.
36. DINNER PARTY! Invite any five people (famous or not, alive or dead, cartoon characters allowed) to a dinner party.
I would like to state, for the record, that I hate dinner parties - even hypothetical ones - because they would involve eating and conversation with other people, neither of which I am keen on. So I am skipping this and the next 3 questions.
37. What will the main topic of conversation be?
38. This dinner party is five courses (soup, salad, entrée, entrée, and dessert). What are those courses? And what beverage will be served?
39. Who will leave first? And why?
40. What movie poster would you most like to have in your room?
I can't remember movie posters all that well; I don't know. We do have one from The Lion King in the hallway right outside my room, though.
41. Whose giveaway days would you rather be a part of – Oprah or Ellen?
Ellen, only because I wouldn't be able to stand sitting through Oprah's show first.
42. If you became famous, what would it be for, and what talk show do you think you'd end up on?
Something to do with writing, only as I'm rubbish at anything and everything else. I'd probably end up on daytime/morning shows, wouldn't I.
43. What is your midnight snack of choice?
Saltine crackers & Diet Pepsi. If saltine crackers are not available, chocolate is an acceptable substitute.
44. What wakes you up in the morning?
Cell phone alarm. Although I suppose I could go back to using my CD player alarm clock, now that it can be plugged in right next to me instead of across the room...
45. Who is your favorite non-Disney cartoon character?
Wow, I am drawing a terrible blank on non-Disney cartoon characters all of a sudden.
46. What online retailer do you use most often?
47. Given the choice between being stuck in a hurricane or a blizzard, which would you choose?
BLIZZARD. It's far less destructive, and it's actually quite cozy indoors. And hey, even if I were stuck outside, better death by exposure than floods and flying debris.
48. Do you look at the ads in the Sunday papers?
Always. I adore looking at them and making fantasy shopping lists - it's much more convenient than window shopping or browsing online.
49. What is your favored breath-freshener?
50. What is your favorite thing to do online?
LJ in any form
51. Best part about winter?
Hunkering down in piles of warm blankets when you go to bed. Is one of life's simple pleasures.
P.S. Oh crap! I nearly forgot that today is the 3-year anniversary of my starting a TV blog (on Xanga, a/k/a "this is why my entries date back to before I created my LJ"). Normally we would have some sort of special post content to celebrate, but you may have noticed that I've been having a sort of existential crisis over Doctor Who lately, so I've scrapped that. Then again - this week starting tonight, for possibly the first time in history, absolutely every show I watch is going to be new. That's a noteworthy way to kick off my anniversary, right? I mean, we're talking over 15 series here...lining up like that is unprecedented.