2. afteriwake indirectly reminded me about a Superchic[k] song I adored back in 2006 (I have SO MUCH MUSIC from 05-06 that I need you to be aware of), which I'd heard on the radio once but thereafter only streamed online and eventually forgot about. I couldn't even remember the title or melody, just that I'd heard it on the Christian station. (NO, HEY, GET BACK HERE) After some sifting, though, I figured out it was "We Live," and to my utter joy, it's every bit as catchy and amazing as I remember.
3. Survivor: ARGH, why can't the internet stop being full of douchebags?! 8 seasons straight I watched, no whisper of spoilers, and then for the second time in a row some ASSHOLE decides they need to post the final 3 in the comments of something. Always the first comment, too, so you're not even really looking at the comments on purpose, they're just there, right underneath the article/video.
-Hey, remember that time in Micronesia, when beloved player Cirie orchestrated the ouster of someone equally awesome (Yau Man) at boot #4? Karmic payback: NOT WELCOME. Especially when JT is significantly less lovable, at the moment, than Cirie was. It's even worse after that great secret scene in which Cirie lays out, in no uncertain (but extremely hilarious) terms why Rupert is super-duper annoying, even though he's someone you WANT to like. Cirie: greatest lady ever! You can't get rid of her before finale night!
-Coach breaking down in tears was somehow both the most awful and the most wonderful thing I have ever seen. First it took me forever to comprehend that he was actually CRYING, with actual tears, about how sensitive he is and how big ol' meanie Sandra was so mean to him, omg! And not even by himself/to a camera - he's practically sobbing on Tyson's shoulder! LOL WHUT.
But then I actually start to feel a little sorry for him after "Why doesn't anybody ever say anything good about me? Am I that bad of a person, man?" So. Let's just all give up and admit that Coach has turned into the big lovable lunk that James used to be, before he went all crazy and 'roid raging.
-Tyson! Did you just order Coach to stop telling his Crazy Campfire Tales? No! This is unbearable! HOW WILL I LIVE. Telling him not to wear feathers in his hair, though, was hilariously point-blank. "And do your tai chi in private, where nobody can see you." (advice Coach will not be heeding) Okay, fine, I'm also sort of on board with Tyson now that he has soft curls. I'm easily manipulated by good hair.
-Really, Survivor? All of Tocantins fun challenges, and instead of the fun cermic pigs, you bring back the stupid ball roller/hideously dull blindfolded ball maze? Just because you never got to finish it? Sigh. Reward was slightly better, but only the ball grabbing/tossing into a basket bit. I didn't need to see them all gross and oiled up.
-I was over Grossell + immunity idols about six months ago. Move on. On a related note, it is ecstatic-making that his obsession with them has caused everyone to target him, and I sort of love how Rob sends Sandra out as his sneaky little spy. I am also sad that the Villains are collectively choosing to toss it out (which was dumb when Marcus did it, but awesome now), while the Heroes race around in a paranoid, backstabbing frenzy. I wish they were winning so they didn't have to behave like that.
-There was really no good outcome for the vote tonight, though. I love Tom and Cirie on equal planes of love. Also Candice, but probably slightly less so because for some reason she's always on the outskirts. What I really want to know is, WHY IS NO ONE TARGETING RUPERT. WHAT DOES HE ACTUALLY BRING? An easily manipulated alliance number, I guess, while everyone is rightly focused on taking out smart & personable threats. But they took out easily-manipulated Sugar for no good reason, so nyergh.
4. The Office: Still in total squee mode. Have many, many thoughts. Have many, many screenshots. Have no idea how I am going to organize it all in a coherent fashion. In the meantime, here, GO DIE OF CUTENESS AT THE FAMILY SNAPSHOTS. Even the file names are cute, like 'new daddy' and 'mommy love.'
5. If I were doing the 30 Day Meme, here is what I would use for "a photo that makes you sad or angry":
That is the beautiful house set on Numb3rs, all stripped down and abandoned-looking and *SOB*
6. And finally, in case I was not sufficiently destroyed over all this yet, here is an excerpt from Rob Morrow's latest interview, about the last day of work:
At lunch they showed a gag reel, and my daughter (Tu, age 8), who has grown up on the set, was there on my lap. As we watched, I started to cry. I didn’t expect to be that emotional, but it just hit me. And she was just inconsolable, in the sweetest way. It never occurred to me that this was sad for her, too. That informed the rest of the day for me.
THERE, CBS. YOU MADE AN 8-YEAR-OLD SAD. I HOPE YOU'RE PLEASED WITH YOUR DECISIONS. *stewing in
7. Oh! Guys! Amidst all the dreadful doom and gloom of cancellation season, there's a shiny bright spot: The Sarah Jane Adventures just got renewed for two seasons. Not only is that spifftastic on its own, but that will make five seasons straight with the loss of only one cast member - four with no change at all - and kid-sized seasons or not, I think that might be some kind of record for the UK. Dear CBS: Since when does British TV behave better than you? Look into that