You know how I am about ships and shipping! This is my favorite survey in
Six ships you like:
1) Kate/Sawyer - Lost
2) Grissom/Sara - CSI
3) Horatio/Yelina - CSI: Miami
4) Danny/Lindsay - CSI: NY
5) Tony/Ziva - NCIS
6) Matt/Emily - Standoff
Three ships you used to like, but don't anymore:
7) Eric/Calleigh - CSI: Miami
8) Gibbs/Abby - NCIS
9) Jack/Kate - Lost
Three ships in your various fandoms that you can't stand:
10) Addison/Alex - Grey's Anatomy
11) Jack/Samantha - Without a Trace
12) Grissom/Lady Heather - CSI
Two ships you're curious about but haven't actually started shipping:
13) Sayid/Kate - Lost
14) Flack/Lindsay - CSI: NY
1. Why do you dislike #11 so much?
[Jack/Samantha] Because he was married, with kids, and she slept with him anyway. And now...because he's considerably older and not particularly attractive for his age, while she's a freaking model.
2. Who is someone you know who ships #13?
[Sayid/Kate] - nobody that I'm aware of
3. What would be your ideal scenario for couple #3
[Horatio/Yelina] I really don't know...they've had all kinds of good scenarios and managed to screw them all up. They've had injury, they've taken small steps, they've had emotional shakeups, they've shared looks so blatant that other people start to notice, and a scene that could easily have been a kiss. All of those scenarios were delightful, don't get me wrong. So let's just repeat one of them...and then push them forward on the track to something more, instead of taking two steps backward.
4. Which is your favorite episode for #1?
[Kate/Sawyer] I really hate to say "I Do," but...yeah, that one. Had quite a lot of good moments for them, really. Kisses and "I love you" and hair-stroking and hugging and cuddling and spooning and *explodes*.
5. How long have you been following couple #6?
[Matt/Emily] Since they appeared in September.
6.What's the story with #8? What made you stop liking them/caring?
[Gibbs/Abby] I don't dislike them, per se, but it was more of a gradual evolution as I realized that as much as I adore their affectionate interaction, I wouldn't really want to see them kiss. That, and I prefer Jen as his romantic interest.
7. Which ship do you prefer - #2 or #4?
Grissom/Sara vs. Danny/Lindsay...DUDE! Not fair. Grissom and Sara have more moments, but Danny and Lindsay have cuter moments. The latter is also more attractive as a whole, so I guess I'd have to say them, but I'm not happy about it.
8. You have the power to make one ship non-existent. Choose from #10 or #12.
Grissom/Lady Heather, without question. LH is the worst character in the history of the CSI franchise. She makes Natalia look delightful.
9. What interests you about #14?
[Flack/Lindsay] Well, Flack is more attractive than Danny, for one; I'm just on the D/L boat because it's canon and he cares about her. Flack & Lindsay are equally good at the banter, so I think they'd be just as much fun. Plus, while she can certainly hold her own, he's so tall and she's so tiny that there's a nice element of protectiveness that could come into play.
10. When did you stop liking #7?
[Eric/Calleigh] Sometime this summer, I suppose, when I looked around my long list of Miami ships and realized he ranked behind Ryan, Speed, and Horatio in terms of men I'd like to see Calleigh with. He just seems so much less mature than her, and while they make great friends, I don't feel like their personalities match up in a romantic context. I don't know. I could probably be persuaded to come back on board.
11. Did your waning interest in #9 kill your interest in the show?
[Jack/Kate] Not at all, because the hint of quasi-romance between them went away for a while...but even now that it's back, there's plenty of other good stuff on the show to keep me entertained.
12. What's a song that reminds you of #5?
[Tony/Ziva] No idea. Sorry.
13. Which of these ships do you love the most?
They rotate on a regular basis, but Kate/Sawyer is currently ruling the daydreams.
14. Which do you dislike the most?
Grissom/Lady Heather. Lady Heather is a dominatrix. She makes her living enabling BDSM, and I don't care how you rationalize it, that's GROSS.
15. If you could send any of these pairings on a double date, which would you choose? (even better if they're from different shows)
Oh no, I'm not feeding bad!fic or even crack!fic ideas. No double dating here.
16. Have #2 kissed yet? Elaborate if you'd like.
[Grissom/Sara] Yes - but only off-screen, goll darn it.
17. Did #4 have a happy ending? If the show hasn't ended yet, do you think a happy ending is likely?
[Danny/Lindsay] They had a very happy ending in "Sleight Out of Hand." And I would like to revise my initial opinion from last fall, in which I said they were cute but not necessarily "meant-to-be soulmates." I think they could well have a happy ending. Someday. In the distant future. There will be many seasons to muck it up first.
18. What would make you start shipping #13?
[Sayid/Kate] We'd have to be at least 1 year forward in Island Time, and Sawyer would have to be dead with Jack committed to Juliet. (or also dead) If those scenarios happen in fic, I'm there.
19. If only one could happen, which would you prefer - #2 or #6?
Grissom/Sara vs. Matt/Emily...mmm, tough one. The Standoff kids are more attractive in the here and now, but they also started their relationship badly, and it could easily fall apart again. As GSR has staying power built upon several years of UST, that one.
20. You have the power to decide the fate of #10. What happens to them?
[Addison/Alex*] Addison wakes up one day and realizes she is simply having a mid-life crisis that fuels her need to reaffirm that she is still hot enough to make young boys drool, and that she does not need to actually make out and/or sleep with them to realize this. She goes out and finds McDreamy 2.0 (whose name is NOT Mark) and resumes being fabulous, but now with the addition of an age-appropriate husband and possibly a baby. Alex, meanwhile, goes back to his frat boy, bed-hopping ways, because he's assy like that.
* = Please note: In this scenario, the word "Mark" may be used interchangeably with "Alex."
That was fun! If only it were longer...
Also, everyone should fill this out because reading various peoples' responses vastly entertains me, even when I don't know the ships in question.