2. Of the many, many scenes I quote on Scrubs, this might be the longest one I can quote uninterrupted. Never fails to crack me up.
[You see Turk, in THE HOOD...]
Still hittin' them corners in them low-lows, girl!
Best rap line delivery ever.
3. HOW HAVE I NOT SEEN THIS BEFORE NOW.
I tend to forget middle schoolers exist. They're not old enough to have interesting books written about them like teenagers, but they're too old to group with children. And then...a video like this comes along and really just makes them seem super delightful and fun to work with. (at least, when they're being well behaved and enthusiastic.)
That was oddly...calm, for a penultimate on a series this wild. Bullet list of delightful things?
- Is it finally time for kissing? Oh cool, it is TOTALLY time for kissing. Awesome.
Can we talk about how much I adored everything about their snipey hurt feelings and how this went from attempted apology to determined hugpology to an infinitely more satisfying surge of emotions than anything prior to this point would have been? I am especially fond of his hopeful look there, checking to make sure she's still on board, right before he goes for it.
(his face when Sam walks in is also priceless, as is how Sam doesn't even miss a beat, he's just like, yo, knock it off and help with the thing)
- With bonus other cuddling. ALL THE CUTE THINGS.
And can we talk about how I turned to liquid right there.
- It is so great watching Sabina connect with that little girl
- OK, Hostile Tribe is actually Peaceful Tribe and the Valleymen are Hostile tribe. And they're the ones who are potentially monster-feet? So confusing/exciting
- Awwww @ Daniel's mini breakdown, and Joyce trying to keep him on an even keel.
- Awww @ Daniel falling asleep trying to get a message out on the radio he got working again
- Four for you, Russian camera guy! You go, Russian camera guy!
- It was nice to see Irene alive, but it'll be super nice when Daniel sees her alive. I was spoiled on her alive-ness by promo pics a few weeks ago. Which is part of why I wasn't bothered about Esther and Annie, either.
- HOW ARE THEY GOING TO ANSWER EVERYTHING IN JUST ONE HOUR?? I don't want another repeat of Terra Nova, OK, been there/done that/over it. I want 60 straight minutes of satisfying action AND answers.
I am freakishly far behind on Under the Dome right now, aren't I? Let's just take it two at a time, because I haven't watched last week's episode yet.
1x10: Wow - Jim killing Max's mother was a twist I did not see coming. It actually shocked me, but it was entertaining at the same time - I always like it when you can effectively mess with the nasty party and genuinely hurt them. (that said, is Big Jim one of those anti-heroes you read about where they're entertaining even though you genuinely don't like them? I've been wondering how people put up with main characters they don't like and who aren't meant to be likable, but if he fits the type then I might finally understand) I really enjoyed everything that was revealed in that subplot, actually, save maybe the fact that he got dirt on Barbie I'd much rather he didn't.
Was fantastic watching Julia & Linda team up. I am very much Team Investigative Ladies Getting Stuff Done while the men are busy out-testosteroning each other.
It was really nice to see Barbie sashay away from Maxine, too. Julia was really ready for a new lover, wasn't she? I have to say I do not mind her lack of issue with what happened to her husband at all if it gets me to keep this ship; that sad confession/acknowledgement and the future and his face was just...fantastic.
1x11: Completely did not expect Julia getting shot point blank, to which I literally shrieked in horror and outrage (at first I thought she died instantly). Can't remember much of anything else that happened besides a waterfall of love pouring out of my heart for Barbie's subsequent badass field medicine. No, go on, I am totally made to withstand hot army dudes keeping their significant others alive out of sheer desperation combined with unlikely skill and a pinch of luck. Oh, that was just fantastic. The bonus side dish of Joe and his hero-worship eyes is pretty adorable, too.
Still unclear how Jim is able to convince Linda that Barbie is clearly 100% untrustworthy so fast when his own shadiness has just been brought to light, but sure. (eta: oh, yeah - Barbie confronting Jim & then peacefully taking Max down was pretty hot, too. Just A+ work from Barbie all over this place. Best episode of the season.)
Ooh, hold up, Sleepy Hollow isn't on for another hour you say? OK, let's fit one more episode in:
1x12: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN WHY DID I WATCH THIS NOW I DON'T WANT TO WATCH TWO OTHER GREAT SHOWS FIRST I MUST KNOW.
How will the great and powerful Barbie get out of this one? Will Julia ever see him again? Will Big Jim Rennie finally die? Will Linda come to her senses? Can Angie get more awesome? And how much I do I love Barbie getting his protective rage on over the kids, anyway?
P.S. MVP Shock & Awe Moment of the Hour: Tie between OMGWTF DODIE NO and "I love you" because eeeeeeeeh *flails*
Forgot to post. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ARE YOU KIDDING ME SIBERIA YOU CAN'T END LIKE THAT WHERE IS MY SEASON 2 HOW DARE YOU OBEY LOW RATINGS, NBC, THEIR SETUP FOR A HYPOTHETICAL SEASON 2 IS EPIC. I am also no longer in the mood for Under the Dome at all because OH MY GOD SIBERIA THIS SHOW IS THE ACTUAL BEST.