- As willing (and perhaps excited) as I am to pave the path for Sam/Julia, it's still weird and hurtful seeing her and Barbie abruptly disagreeing on everything when it feels like the only reason it's happening is for the sake of story conflict, like it would take only minor tweaking to not have them at odds all the time. Either one overreacts a bit much, or the other goes just a bit too far off middle ground without attempting to justify their position with any logic or compromise.
- I will remain Team Julia on this, however, on account of her thunderous desire to protect the poor amnesiac girl at all costs.
- (also, that one time Junior was ready to shoot the latter at point blank range on super-circumstantial evidence was really weird)
- I've officially gone from "mild irritation" to "outright dislike" on the stupid, smug, self-righteous (also probably atheist, even if religion doesn't help you here), homicidal science teacher. Seriously, you killed Linda for this?
- Speaking of religion, how many religious psychos does this town have? And why are we revisiting this dumb angle, and how soon can we dispose of this one?
- REMEMBER THAT TIME THEY BRIEFLY HAD INTERNET AND JOE BROKE DOWN CRYING OVER AN EMAIL FROM HIS PARENTS.
- Norrie and Joe's puppy love was cute in the day, and I sympathize with her hurt and jealousy, but every time I see Allegedly Melanie's beautiful, delicate Renaissance-era-painting face and then go back to Norrie's plain sourpuss, I'm just like SORRY NORRIE. STEP OFF.. I really hope I don't find out she's Joe's time traveling/ghost aunt or something. Because she's really, really pretty in an ethereal way. I may be willing to consider her an acceptable trade for Angie.
- Sam continues to own my whole entire heart because Eddie Cahill is a gifted man in the face department. Somewhat unconventionally so, but I am way all on board with Sam the Peaceful Healer/Family Man.
- JUNIOR'S MOM IS ALIVE???? WHAT IS THIS WHAT IS HAPPENING I AM VERY EXCITED TO KNOW MORE.
- I'm tired of Big Jim almost dying but never going all the way.
UPDATE: Just watched episode 4. My thoughts are pretty much:
- I am super in love with all this backstory about the original 4 hands, Junior's Mom's (or "Pauline")'s journal, and all related The Field Where I Died business
- (look I made a punny off an X-Files title - this episode is far better than that one)
- The new imaginary Pretty Factor of shipping high school Melanie with roughly Friends-era Eddie Cahill = YES
- NO SWEET SAM NO, YOU CAN'T BE THE MURDERER!! Not now, not then, not now, not ever, ever. Not of pretty and innocent girls. If you kill Lyle/Big Jim, that's a whole other thing.
- That tiny
wounded heart to hearthurt sarcasm to gruff stoicness exchange between Norrie and Barbie was pretty adorable, I think they should have to pal around more. Though I still vote Joe/Reincarnated Melanie as the Junior OTP.
- Junior, you're an idiot for letting Lyle fake you out that easily.