1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
It was either "ahhh, what alluring green eyes" or "FETCH MY TWEEZERS IMMEDIATELY."
2. How much cash do you have on you?
Somewhere in the neighborhood of $10, including change.
3. What’s a word that rhymes with DOOR?
[spoiler cut so as not to bias you!]
4. Favo(u)rite planet?
5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone?
A shopper I contacted for work.
6. What is your favorite ringtone on your phone?
One called "message echo." I have no way of describing this.
7. What shirt are you wearing?
One I got at Christmas that is also oddly hard to describe. Sort of a tunic style, but a polyester/spandex blend, with a predominantly maroon Aztec pattern.
8. Do you label yourself?
Only with conventional and widely accepted terms. And not in my Tumblr profile.
9. Name the brand of the shoes you’re currently wearing?
Not wearing any currently, but when I was outside I had on Totes boots.
10. Bright or dark room?
11. What do you think about the person who took this survey before you?
Never heard of them.
...but apparently they are my mom's age and a lifelong Lord of the Rings fan, so that's pretty cool.
12. What does your watch look like?
Like a cell phone that also functions as a cell phone. I don't think I'll ever wear a proper watch again, sadly. The last time I tried, it just felt like a prison cuff.
13. What were you doing at midnight last night?
Trying to make progress on work.
14. What did your last text message you received on your cell say?
"We are in sync. Or SYnc. Also decided not to get LotR until we watch the whole thing together."
15. Where is your nearest 7-11?
268 miles to the east, apparently. Good to know. I've always wondered whether they really existed.
16. What's a word that you say a lot?
17. Who told you he/she loved you last?
18. Last furry thing you touched?
Boyfriend's mom's mini poodle.
19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days?
20. How many rolls of film do you need developed?
HOW OLD IS THIS SURVEY
21. Favorite age you have been so far?
I really relished being 11. I was still 100% awesome in school (with the exception of the terror that was Industrial Tech, and maybe gym), I didn't have any grown-up responsibilities/felt comfortable knowing I was still considered a kid by all pricing standards, the worst things in my life were religious ed/swimming lessons/not having a dog, and I had a best friend AND made several new friends. I was also hot. I'm not even going to apologize if that sounds pervy; for years afterward I would look at the photos of me in my 6th grade dance costumes that year and just be WILDLY JEALOUS of my figure.
Also, I guess being 27 was pretty cool. Golden birthday, fun number to say, no major negative life upheavals, getting a shiny new car, learning how to date...
22. Your worst enemy?
23. What is your current desktop picture?
I downloaded a set of random wallpapers from Bing, so the current one is a very green island in the middle of a very blue ocean. Come to think of it, I want to go to there.
24. What was the last thing you said to someone?
"I need the vacuum. Immediately." On account of the fly chillin' on the floor of the refrigerator.
(FUN LESSON: don't keep firewood that was sitting outside all year next to your fireplace. Because it is 100% capable of hatching houseflies in the middle of winter, even if two of the months it was outside featured snow and sub-freezing temperatures.)
25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly, what would it be?
Well, I suppose if I could fly I'd soon get a million bucks.
^ Good answer! I'd do that. But if I actually had to choose, then the million bucks.
26. Do you like someone?
In a sense...
27. The last song you listened to?
Kimberly Henderson's "Tiny Hearts." You should listen to it too! And not just because the musical hook at the beginning is straight out of The Script's "Hall of Fame."
28. What time of day were you born?
29. What is your favo(u)rite number?
30. Where did you live in 1987?
31. Are you jealous of anyone?
I'm a little jealous that boyfriend got assigned to a 3.5-month project at the test-scoring place and will consequently make hella more money than me at said job this year. Even though a project of that length would probably exhaust me beyond belief given my regular job, I'm still mad at myself for saying I wasn't available until April when I turned in this year's paperwork. (I just wanted to make sure I couldn't get put on the unfathomable torture that is the writing test! *sob* NO ONE SAID THERE MIGHT BE SEKRIT PROJECTS NOT LISTED ON THE FORM)
32. Is anyone jealous of you?
33. Where were you when 9/11 happened?
Man, survey, you were so interesting and not cliche at first... but very well. I was in biology class when the first tower was hit, and -- fittingly enough -- watching the news in American History when they fell.
34. What do you do when vending machines steal your money?
I grumble and then pay again for double items.
35. Do you consider yourself kind?
I consider Nelson Munce to be my life's inspiration, so...not so much.
36. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be?
Back of my shoulder
37. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be?
French. I tried to learn it the hard way through actual practice and stuff, but my brain gave up.
38. Would you move for the person you loved?
*grumbles* I guess I probably would, but I might also be hella resentful. I've had meltdowns on Blaine's behalf before, let's put it that way.
39. Are you touchy feely?
I am in my head -- I LOVE the concept, so it makes me very happy when I see it on TV or I meet people who are this way -- but in real life I've always been sort of paralyzed by the actual physics of touching people. Around the time puberty hit, I became paranoid that I might not be aware of having bad breath or B.O. due to forgetting to use a toothbrush or deodorant that day, and people would think I was gross if they smelled that, so I took steps to reduce that likelihood. Then not touching people combined with the loss of actual close friends dovetailed into an unconscious habit of just naturally keeping my hands to myself. It took ages before I didn't have to consciously think "it's been an hour; you should probably make physical contact with the guy you're on a date with."
40. What’s your life motto?
Changing one's mind about something is a sign of mental weakness.
41. Name three things that you have on you at all times?
Cell phone, library card, change (the metal kind, not the metaphorical one)
42. What’s your favo(u)rite town/city?
The one I was born in/live in. Stillwater, MN is a close second.
43. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
Dollar Store snacks
44. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it?
Technically I wrote a letter today for business purposes.
45. Can you change the oil on a car?
Lol no. I cannot accept that humans without an automotive degree are capable of doctoring their car any more than they are qualified to perform surgery.
46. Your first love: what is the last thing you heard about him/her?
He starts night work at the test-scoring place on Monday.
47. How far back do you know about your ancestry?
3 generations for sure, maybe 4 on my mom's side
48. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy?
"dressed fancy" What is this rural backwoods verbiage??
Ummm...oh, I have no idea. I wore a dress within the past 2 months but I think I just felt like looking nice that day when I went shopping.
49. Does anything hurt on your body right now?
Thankfully, no! I just got over a bunch of aches, including a sore throat and canker sores that, between the two ailments, spread out over almost 2 weeks.
50. Have you been burned by love?
Also, I posted about TV last night but forgot to make it public, so as soon as I do a smidgen of editing, that will be over here. In case you have a pressing need to know my first impressions of CSI: Cyber.