So finally, I just said "screw it" and walked down to the video store to pay the exorbitant non-Tuesday fee to rent Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. I may consider posting a proper review to gather my thoughts before I head off to see the third movie (which could be tomorrow or as late as Wednesday); though in a nutshell, it's much more enjoyable when one has a fast-forward function. ("Fight scene #17...skip...")
For the time being, I am going to overdose on surveys because it's been 3 whole weeks since my last one.
001. When's the last time you ran?
Possibly sometime last fall, in an attempt to release anger in a healthier way. Turns out I still prefer kicking stuffed animals across the room.
002. Do your jeans have rips, tears, and holes in them?:
Not at the moment
003. What are you dreading right now?
Starting classes again
004. Do you celebrate 4/20?
005. Favorite country group?:
006. What face cleanser do you use?
Plain old soap (whatever's on hand) and water
007. When was your last doctors visit?:
2 months ago, to get a note for my college stating that I was fit (mostly in the mental department) to come back to school
008. Do you get the full 8 hours of sleep?:
Right now I do, yes
009. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?:
If I take a shower, 45 minutes to an hour. If I took one the night before, 20-25, though I can whip myself together in as little as 10. This skill is entirely necessary, sometimes, for catching the bus to class.
010. What kind of pizza do you usually get?
Given my choice, I like as many vegetables as possible. Meat is not a requirement, though if I have it I like Canadian bacon or pepperoni
011. Think of all your exes. Would you take any of them back?
Haven't got any
012. If anyone came to your house on your "lazy days" what would they find you wearing?
Loose T-shirt (or hoodie if it's cold) and sweatpants
013. Does your school have tornado drills?:
No, we've outgrown them. Used to, though. Everybody always felt stupid crouching in the hall.
014. Have you ever been on your schools track team?:
HAHA...no. To the great disappointment of my dad, who still holds a school record for the relay race
015. Do you own a pair of Converse?
016. Who did you cut and paste this survey from?
We've covered this
017. Do you eat raw cookie dough?
There's nothing better than chocolate chip cookie dough!
018. Have you ever kicked a vending machine?
Indeed I have, quite in vain. My boss last summer, however, who was this tiny little woman, was particularly skilled at tipping the machines to knock free half-released snacks.
019. Don't you hate when the radio ruins good songs by overplaying them?
I do. that's part of the reason I don't listen to the radio anymore.
020. Would you rather them play the whole video or just a clip of it on TRL?:
I've never seen TRL
021. Do you watch Trading Spaces?:
022. How do you eat oreos?
Twist it open, eat the filling, then the cookies (frosting-dotted one first)
023. Have you ever stayed online for a very long time waiting for someone to sign in?
024. Are you cocky?
025. Shortest relationship?
030. Could you live without a computer?
Only if you provided me with a multitude of other distractions, such as books, TV/movies, board games, animals, and possibly a nearby lake. And even then, not for more than a year.
031. Do you wear your shoes in the house?
032. When you watch movies at home, do you turn the lights off?
Yes. Mom thinks it's weird, at which point I realized this practice has been ingrained in me by years of videos in class
033. At what age did you find out that Santa wasn't real?
8, thanks to an older boy at daycare
034. How many phones (house and cell) are in your house?
3 regular phones that are hooked up, 2 cells
035. What do you do when you're sad?
Mostly cry my eyes out while journaling about whatever's upset me
036. Who would you call first if you won the lottery?
Mom and Dad. Although if I was anywhere near a computer, LJ and Xanga would probably get a post first.
037. Last time you saw your best friend?
Nearly 2 years ago
038. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
Laser hair removal on my arms
039. Last movie you rented?
We've covered this too
040. Who/What sleeps with you every night?
My giant teddy bear
041. How many times have you been pulled over?
042. Pancakes or French toast?:
043. How do you like your eggs?
Hard-boiled, though omelettes/scrambled are good too
044. Are you in high school?:
045. Is anyone on your bad side right now?
046. What jewelry are you wearing?
047. What's the first thing you do when you get online?
E-mail and LJ
048. Do you own any TV seasons on DVD?
The first 3 seasons of CSI: Miami, and the 2nd of CSI: NY.
049. Do you watch Grey's Anatomy?
Gee, I don't know, do I?
050. How do most people spell your name?
Stephanie, which is proper, but my favorite misspellings have been Stephany and Stephaine.
051. Do you wear your boy/girlfriends clothes?
052. Do you watch pro sports on TV?
Only occasional gymnastics competitions and sometimes the Triple Crown.
053. What do you do before you sleep every night?
Turn off the computer and open the windows
054. What was the first movie that gave you nightmares?
There was some made-for-TV movie adaptation of Shirley Jackson's "The Lottery"; all I saw was the part that aligns with the story. You know, with the mother being stoned. That STILL terrifies me.
055. Who's your favorite celebrity couple?
I like couples who've been together for a while, especially if they have kids, so for the moment I'm quite fond of Will and Jada Smith. But damned if Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher haven't grown on me.
056. Favorite 80's teen movie?
Does "The Goonies" count?
057. Is Justin Timberlake becoming the next Michael Jackson?
He's creepy, but not quite that eccentric, so...no. I've never known the Michael Jackson who was a singer, anyway.
058. Do you know anyone who wasn't born in the United States?
My roommates last summer, and two former RAs
059. Favorite name for a boy?
060. Will you keep your last name when you get married?
061. Your favorite restaurant you don't get to eat at much?
I dislike restaurants
062. When is the last time you left your house?:
063. Do you buy your own school supplies?
064. Do you already have your school supplies?:
065. Have you ever cursed at a teacher?
066. How do you eat your steak?
I don't eat steak
067. Who is your favorite rapper?
I hate the sound of rap
068. How do you get to school?
Either walking across the grounds from my dorm room, or taking the school bus service to the other campus
069. If you heard your phone ringing right now, who do you expect it to be?
Probably someone pestering me from various administrative deparments at school
070. What noise do you hear?:
Yann Tiersan piano music
071. Would you survive in prison?
Probably, but not happily
072. Next concert you hope to go to?
I don't go to concerts
073. What was the last thing you ate?:
Honey Bunches of Oats cereal
074. When was the last time you said I love you, and meant it?
Talking to the dog last night
075. Who is the youngest in your family?
076. If all of your friends were going on a road trip, who would be most likely to overpack?
Me. Course, there wouldn't be anyone else
077. Do you know anyone with the same name as you?
078. How many syllables does your name have?
079. What does your license plates say?
The family cars are VEP and NMX, plus 3 numbers I can never remember.
080. When is the last time you ate peanut butter?
Probably been a couple months
081. What brand is your cell phone?:
082. What's for dinner?
Too far from now to know
083. What's the last thing you purchased?
My driver's license
084. Do your siblings ever pay for stuff for you?
085. Where is your cell phone?
086. Is your phone on vibrate or ring most?
Ring, but quietly
087. What brand is your shirt right now?
Fruit of the Loom
088. Ever been to Georgia?
Only in an airport
089. Did you have breakfast this morning?
090. Do you like marshmallows?
Yes, but only in small servings
091. What irritates you on the internet?
Those floating (or talking) ads which are SO MUCH WORSE than pop-ups.
092. What brand is your digital camera?
Don't have one
093. Do you watch movies with your parents?
094. Do you wear short shorts?
095. Do you think you could be pregnant?
What kind of question is that? If I thought I might be pregnant, do you think I'd be sitting here filling out stupid surveys?
096. What song describes your love life at the moment?
I'll get back to you
097. Do you own expensive perfume?
098. On average, how much do your jeans cost?
099. Are you taking college classes?
I will be
100. Do your parents know you cuss?
No. I'm sure my mom assumes I do, but I don't swear around them...or out loud at all much, really. Now, if they knew how much I cursed on blogs, they might be a bit shocked.
101. Do they care?
Oops, already answered
102. Did you see Harold and Kumar go to WhiteCastle?:
103. Have you ever been to white castle?
104. Would you rather sleep alone or with someone?
With a dog or a cat
105. Do you like the Phillies?
The what? Is that a sports team?
106. Do you like sushi?
Never had it
10 Things Currently On Your Desk:
Really, I could probably list 50, but I'll go with the first 10 I spot
4) Floppy disk (see how those two complement one another?)
5) Empty bottle of Diet Coke
6) Mini hairbrush
7) Remote control
8) Stack of unopened mail
9) Wooden whale-shaped pencil holder
10) Scattered pens and highlighters
9 Favorite 'Ships:
(of the month week moment):
1) Will/Elizabeth (Pirates of the Caribbean)
2) Remus/Tonks (Harry Potter)
3) Harry/Ginny (HP)
4) Ron/Hermione (HP)
5) Mac/Peyton (CSI: NY)
6) Grissom/Sara (CSI)
7) Tony/Ziva (NCIS)
8) Abby/Luka (ER)
9) Flack/Tess (CSI: NY + my particular favorite OC)
8 of Your Current Favorite Songs:
1) Emily - Jewel
2) One of Those Girls - Avril Lavigne
3) Daydream - Avril Lavigne
4) G.O.P. - Beth Hart
5) Les Derniers Seront Les Premiers - Celine Dion
6) Let Go - Frou Frou
7) Money Made You Mean - Indigo Girls
8) Storms in Africa - Enya
7 People [or whatever] You Talk to The Most:
3) My dog
6 Favorite Kinds of Candy and/or Chocolate:
1) Crunch bars
2) Milky Way
5) Cordial cherries
6) Fruity candy canes
5 Favorite Bands:
1) Fleetwood Mac
4) Indigo Girls
5) Dixie Chicks
4 Websites You Visit Daily
1) Live Journal
3) TV Squad
3 Favorite Fictional Characters:
I'm not much for remembering movie or book characters, so TV it is:
1) pre-season-5 Horatio Caine
2) Leroy Jethro Gibbs
3) Don Flack
2 Favorite Sayings:
How about just words I over-use?
1 Favorite Movie:
Never Been Kissed
Also c/o kimberkatie:
1. Leave me a comment saying anything random, like your favorite lyric to your current favorite song. Or, your favorite kind of sandwich. Something random. Or whatever, I don't care.
2. I respond by asking you five personal questions so I can get to know you better. If I already know you well, expect the questions may be a little more intimate.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to "interview" ask someone else in the post.
5. When others comment asking to be asked, you will ask them five questions.
1. What is your all-time favourite animal?
As much as I love dogs and horses, I always hear people talk about how they don't like cats, so since elementary school I've been defending them as my favorite. Besides, they're very intelligent. And they're small and cuddly (perfect lap-warmers), and they do that cute chin-nudge, and they purr! What's not to love?
2. What is your most favourite song at this very moment?
I really adore songs that are written about a particular girl, especially if they remind me of friends, so at the moment I love Jewel's "Emily." I have all her regular albums, but this is one of her earlier songs from elsewhere, and I just found it online a couple of weeks ago. It's just a touch bittersweet -
To outrun this, man, I'd have to go real far
Where mercy wears lace
And bottles are thieves
Which of these took you from me?
3. Ever been surfing?
I have not. I suspect I'd be quite terrible, as my balance is atrocious. And I've never been to the ocean at all.
4. Favourite "star" (celeb)?
Hm, let's see...Orlando Bloom dropped out of my favor now that he has short hair (as I fully expected him to at some point; I'm amazed he lasted this long), so if I'm being perfectly honest...that's a toss-up between Julia Roberts and Josh Groban. Both very class acts.
4a. And what would you say to them if you met them in person?
Oh dear...I'd be too terrified to say a word, and/or would probably wind up with some variation of the tired fan response "I love your work!" and a naming of a favorite movie/song, respectively. Though I'd like to ask Josh for a hug.
5. Name one thing you could not live without
An endless supply of notebooks and pens. (those count as one thing, yes?) There are always things to write about.
You are... 0% unique and 13% herdlike (partly because you, like everyone else, enjoy writing). When it comes to friends you are normal. In terms of the way you relate to people, you believe in give and take. Your writing style (based on a recent public entry) is intellectual.
Your overall weirdness is: 35(The average level of weirdness is: 27.
You are weirder than 76% of other LJers.)
Find out what your weirdness level is!